Supreme 50oz twist pile carpet is made from yarn that has been tightly twisted and set to form a pile with a slightly textured surface. Twist piles are produced in both plain and heather colours (Heathers are created using a combination of complementary coloured fibres to obtain a tonal effect).
Thanks to its unique environment Britain produces some of the best carpet wool in the world. The harsh conditions survived by Britain’s sheep make it ideal carpet wool to withstand the rigours of day to day living.
British Wool has more resilience than most other carpet wools because of the high degree of ‘natural crimp’ in the fibre, which helps it withstand heavy pressure and footfall, maintaining the appearance of the carpet over longer periods.
British Wool is a truly ‘Green’ fibre – grown every year by sheep throughout fields and moorlands in the UK – it is an annually renewable natural resource, without harm to the planet. It has natural insulating properties, which reduce heat loss, condensation and reduce noise, providing improved air quality and a comfortable home environment. It is naturally flame resistant and produces less toxic fumes than most other household materials, making it a safer product in areas of public usage and throughout the home. Carpet using British Wool is easily maintained, has an inbuilt resistance to soiling due to its natural oils and responds well to cleaning.
The key to good carpet maintenance is to avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile where they will act abrasively on the fibres and discolour the carpet.
• Vacuum your new carpet regularly at least two or three times a week.
• A large, strong doormat will reduce dirt from outside being spread around the house.
• Avoid where possible laying light coloured carpets next to external entrances.
• Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed with a cylinder cleaner using the suction head only.
• Cut pile carpets should be vacuumed with an upright cleaner with beater bar and brush.
Man-made fibre carpets and wool twist pile carpets should be vacuumed regularly as soon as they are laid to pick up any isolated particles.
Follow these general rules below for dealing with spillages. For more persistent or unusual stains contact a professional carpet cleaner.
• Spillages are more easily removed if tackled immediately so act promptly and blot off all the liquid stain with dry kitchen roll or a clean dry white cloth. Semi solid substances should be removed with a plastic spatula.
• To clean off any remaining stain use a clean damp cloth soaked in warm water to blot the stain. Use a dabbing action with the cloth and then blot out the remaining liquid with dry kitchen towel.
• Do not rub the pile surface of your carpet or over soak the stain.
• Always work from the outside of the stain inwards to minimise the stain spreading.
This luxury carpet has a huge 40% off giving a fantastic price of just £15.99 +VAT per Sq.m…. A bargain not to be missed if I dare say so myself
- All Carpets Cleaned on Why do we need carpet underlay in our homes and what types?
- All Carpets Cleaned Ltd on Durafit 500 Contract Underlay
- London Based Company All Carpets Cleaned on Durafit 500 Contract Underlay
- creatine supplements on Why do we need carpet underlay in our homes and what types?
- creatine monohydrate on Durafit 500 Contract Underlay
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010